Thursday, July 5, 2012

Born Free 4 Part 4

Lane and I had the most amazing time this past weekend out to CA for Born Free 4. We finally got to spend some quality time with the club. This pic pretty much sums up the whole crazy trip.



I finally got to hang with Andrew... and holy shit he's a good dude. So much fun to be around and every bit as crazy as he looks! I think I spent the majority of my time there with him, listening in amazement to all the insane adventures he gets himself into. He's so intense and so mellow... and all wrapped up into this hairy, hug-able, monchichi doll like package. Thank you man, for making sure we had a place to stay and for all the organizing you did. I so look forward to spending more time with you in person, but until then I'll settle for our late night text fests!

Jason wasn't around as much as I'd have liked, I guess he was working the show or something? I dunno, sounds like a pretty lame excuse to go to bed early to me... but we did get to spend a good couple of hours talking life and love, art, machines, you name it. I swear we did, I can't say I remember a whole bunch of it but I'm sure it was pretty intense, and I'm sure most of it was repeated the next day! As always Jay, I can't thank you enough for making me feel at home and for letting me be a part of such an awesome club. You're an amazingly talented guy and some one I've always admired.

Then there was the new guy... Ben. Yea, the one with the Stabbin' Cabin? I guess he's been a hang-around or whatever for forever and finally figured out a way to weasel himself into the fold. I think he's been following Andrew around for a while now running errands and cleaning and cooking and stuff... haha, seriously though, I don't know what took him so long to join but it's about damned time! Welcome brother. Thank you for all the amazing eats, the hospitality, and for making us just slow down and enjoy ourselves. You have a love for life that is contagious beyond words, everything and everyone you're around is caught up in that. You make the world a better place for sure man.

Thank you all so much for inviting us down and giving us a home away from home. Even though it was too short, it was beyond amazing. You guys are truly the best!

Until next time... Keep On brothers!!





Here are a few more pics from the trip... in no real order, because I'm still trying to figure out in my head what really happened.





2 comments:

  1. The first picture is offically my favorite shot in the whole world!!!!

    I miss being out in Cali but Japan can be one big adventure on it's own.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHATS UP JOE? How you been man last saw you at Moon. Hope all is well in Japan. When you gonna visit here again?

    ReplyDelete